Sunday, January 08, 2006

Red Impatiens

Red Impatiens Today's weather was such a joy for a January day. It was warm enough to walk around outside without a heavy coat. I even saw a few dandelions sprouting up in the pastures. Yes, I had to go out to the farm again today to ride. How could I possibly pass up an afternoon with my Dandy on a day like today! He was feeling good too and acted quite spunky. I rather like him that way.

In keeping with this break from winter, I decided to auction a piece this evening that was painted in the heat of the summer. I remember the day well. Using my new French easel given to me by my mother's friend, I set up shop on the patio in front of a pot of gorgeous red impatiens. The little boy next door kept climbing up on the fence asking me what I was doing. He wanted to know if I was "copying" the flowers. I had to laugh because copying is exactly what I did NOT want to do. My goal is for you to be able to smell the humidity in the air when you see the painting and feel the urgency I felt to capture everything quickly before the mosquitoes ate me alive or I had a sunburn. A Kodak photo was not what I was going for. Some days though, I guess I would settle for copying like the kid said.

So please visit my eBay auction for "Red Impatiens". Maybe it will remind you of a special day in the sun to help you beat the winter blues.

No comments: