Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sketches and Slobber

Pennsville by Lori Levin "Tuesday Afternoon"
sketch in moleskine

Pit Bull by Lori Levin "Window Seat"

sketch in moleskine

Just some more looks into my sketchbook. Presently there are five more that I have not yet scanned in with two more added each week. I better get crackin'!

The one of Gracie looking out the car window made me laugh the entire time I did it. The original plan was to draw the horses in the field that I had driven a couple of miles to see. It was a rainy day and I thought I would entertain Gracie by taking her with since her daily walk would not take place. Obviously she had other plans. Often she will sit politely and look out the window and then just settle down to sleep in the car. Of course since I went out of my way to draw horses, she had to block my view and fill the car with her anxious cries and serious slobber. Was she thinking she wanted to go out there and chase that horse? If she was, she doesn't know I saved her from some very hard hooves.

Two future sketches will turn into paintings because they were so strong and I can't get them out of my head. You will see them in upcoming posts. Also to be shown is the finish of "The Freshman" and the start of a new pet portrait, "Amanda". I think they will be worth the wait.

No comments: