Monday, March 20, 2006

The Story of Cupid & Arrow



I am working feverishly on two commissions at the moment. More are coming in. I will be posting my progress later in the week so please keep coming back. However, today I would like to share with you one of my experiences at the Horse and Pet Expo that has made me a believer in miracles. (Second photo is Buck, Cupid and some lovely volunteers at the Expo. First is Buck with Cupid and Arrow on his farm in CT.)

Setting up for the Expo all by myself was really overwhelming. It was unseasonably warm and humid and I was really nervous. “Farmer Buck’s” booth across from me was filled with merchandise featuring the Cupid and Arrow story. Surprisingly, with all my work with horses I was not aware of this miraculous tale. Buck saw that I was looking stressed and took the time to tell me their magical story. He has an uncanny ability to read people and animals. Then he handed me the book and later gave me the DVD. All of this in hopes that I share it with others and now I am pleased to do it.

Buck did not need another horse but when he saw this frightened, starving mare at the auction he brought her home. The children at the farm named her Cupid for the perfectly shaped heart on head. As she learned trust and was eating more he discovered the mare was pregnant. Her gorgeous paint colt carries his own unique marking of a perfectly shaped arrow on his hind quarters. Now these two ambassadors of the animal kingdom travel with Buck around the country to spread the word of the special gift of animals and how they deserve our respect and kindness. Not only are there two books about them and numerous toys (including Breyers) but Disney is looking into their story as well.

It is so important to me that you take the time to learn more about them because this story reflects how I feel about animals and people. For this reason I create animal art. I don’t believe Cupid and Arrow exist by mistake. Often in the hustle and bustle of our days we forget to stop and think about what is truly important in life. These gorgeous animals are living, breathing reminders of what life is all about. Please take a moment to visit www.cupidandarrow.com . Maybe you might purchase a book for a child in your family or for your church/synagogue library. Also, read about Buck’s work with individuals with special needs and inner-city youth. I promise you will be entertained as well as inspired.

No comments: