Friday, March 17, 2006

Ebay Friday - Mare in Graphite


This week has just flown by and I feel little has been accomplished. Much of this week has been spent working on business and not actually painting. Times like these when I discuss painting more than I do it are so difficult for me. There was a time that I avoided my art because it took so much from me. Now when I am not able to paint I feel like I have not eaten, I feel lost. However, I must be patient for this is all part of the business of art. The good news is that my hard work is paying off and my popularity is increasing by leaps and bounds, as well are my sales. At some points in the day success seems just as frightening as failure.

This Sunday I will be auctioning a little drawing I did a while back. It is a little sketch of a lovely grey mare. This mare always had quite the regal quality to her that I admired. Mares can be difficult to deal with because they tend to have greater opinions about the work that they are asked to do. A gelding can never touch the ability of a mare with a good work ethic and a positive attitude. However, the flip side makes you want to pull your hair out and swear you will never deal with another mare again. (If you are a horse person you are shaking your head "yes" right now.) This 7"x5" graphite sketch on archival paper, with mat, will be put on eBay for auction on Sunday night. Larger works are being saved for galleries at this point so small sketches are what you will see me auction on eBay from this point forward.

I mentioned before that I had more to say about the Expo. Come back Monday for the story about Cupid and Arrow. It will melt your heart and make you believe in miracles. It is wonderful because it is true.

Quick thank you to Kim for sending care packages to the sick. Being sick is never pleasant but it is made more palatable by sweet gestures of friends that care. I truly appreciate your friendship.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: