Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Graphite Portrait of Mare and Foal - Drawing Stage



Here's the progress on the equine portrait. Please pardon the dark and skewed photos. Things are moving along slowly but surely. The top photo was taken after about 40 hours of work on the project, including sketch time. The second photo was taken after a day of hard work at the drafting table. As you can see this requires some serious patience. We all know how good I am at being patient too. My cheek hurts from my tongue pressing so hard on it after that statement.

Well, I hear the Strathmore 500 Bristol calling me. That's the paper I use if you didn't catch that. Maybe I'll finish the mare's nose today! Patience is a virtue. At least I can work in my robe and fuzzy slippers. Are you jealous?

Thanks Kleo. Hugs.

No comments: