Friday, January 04, 2008

Watching 2008

red-tailed hawk by lori levin Red-Tailed Hawk
graphite sketch in moleskine book


For once I don't know what to write. Usually I sit here and the words just pour out. Not today.

I've been through so much in 2007. It was probably the longest year of my life. Despite a cold, 2008 started better than I could imagine. The evening was peaceful and warm and spent in the arms of someone very special. I had the knowledge that I was healthy as well as the loved ones in my life and that my work was selling. Comparing that to last year brings tears to my eyes. I get choked up so easily it is really embarrassing. Often I hide it with jokes and smiles but really most times I'm thinking about how far I've come and how darn lucky I am. It feels like I'm watching a movie about someone else. Only when I sit quietly do I really absorb that it is me.

It hasn't been easy and I'm still trying to rebuild the empire but I believe I'll get closer to my goal in 2008. My work gets stronger and grows in popularity. I'm fueled by a new passion and the desire to enjoy every moment. However, I still don't make too many plans. I take things as they come, savor them and watch the rest unfold.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2008.

3 comments:

KleoPatra said...

Wishing you LOTS of love and light and GOOD HEALTH this year... and beyond, my dear friend.

Big hugs!!!

Karen

P.S. Please never be embarrassed for being true to who you are and how you feel.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year....May it be healthy, happy and prosperous. Think about you often, everyday I look at your beautiful paintings in my home. Talk to you soon!

Scott Fertig said...

Happy New Year Lori!
I was on my bike again tonight. Went up to 68 degrees so I had to get out there! Watching the pavement blur under my wheels was even more beautiful as I thought of the wheel chair I was bound to a year ago at this time. Thinking about just how bad it was makes the "now" that much richer. I'm going out again tommorrow night too as it is supposed to be 72. Keep savouring the good stuff. Thanks again for being a friend.