Monday, August 11, 2008

Never Say Never

Lori Levin and Joel Friedman "Lori and Joel"

As I always say, this blog is mostly for business news about Soulful Studios. Every now and then I share something personal. My readers have been there for me during the good, the bad and the ugly and for that I'm thankful. Now I would like to give you some news that I am stunned that I have to share. I walked around for nearly 6 years saying something like this would never happen and I was thankfully wrong. I am officially engaged to the most amazing man ! To be honest, I really didn't believe there was a man on earth that met each point on the list I once wrote about what I believed I wanted in a partner. I wrote it as a joke but it actually came true. Again, never say never because he lives and breathes and has asked me to be his wife. Beyond that he has two beautiful children that have brought out maternal desires in me that I long since buried. That is the most surprising of all as I believed I no longer had any interest in nurturing anyone or anything beyond my art. I am so serious about this that I chide my love that on days we do not see eye to eye, his children keep me from changing my mind. This blows my mind (in a good way) as I type these words. How is it that such goodness has come my way?

I look forward to seeing where this happiness takes my work. Recently, with all the excitement there has been a little less time for painting which put the pressure on me to make the most of the pieces I did work on. This actually pushed me to be more decisive and to work smarter. The last three pieces shown of the cows were created during this magical time. They are currently at First Impressions Gallery and one has already sold. The others have received great feedback as well and many have asked about the "difference" they see in my work. I see it too. As things settle down I believe you will be seeing more and more great paintings on this site.

What a difference a year makes. Thank G-d.

5 comments:

PhotoJoe said...

Wow-wee! And by the looks of things, you've been swimming together already. This must be serious! Maybe we'll all meet up at your next gallery soiree.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Lori! You certainly deserve the happiness. Best wishes to you and Joel.

Lori said...

Thanks Joe! Wowee indeed! Hope to meet up soon! You could always bring the kids out our way to play and all of us have a great time!

Thanks Toni! We appreciate that very much!

KleoPatra said...

Lori, i am SO happy for you, words cannot express my sentiments properly.

MAZAL TOV!

i love the two of you in this photo...

Congrats on the engagement... can you say "honeymoon in San Diego"?

i can...

And by the way, Mr. Right, your gem Joel? He has exquisite taste!

xo,
Karen

Anonymous said...

If anyone has a right to look this happy, it's you!!! Love and hugs.