Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Life in Bloom and Arts in Bloom

Lori Levin Art "Last Light"
graphite sketch in moleskine


Lori Levin Art "Under Cover"
graphite sketch in moleskine

Lori Levin Art "Ignored"
graphite sketch in moleskine

If you haven't looked outside you should. Life is in full bloom. Flowering trees, singing birds and busy rabbits are everywhere. I particularly love to fill the Finch feeder and listen to their high pitched squeals alerting each other that "soup's on". Today I have kept the radio off just so I could enjoy bird conversations.

Salem County's second annual "Arts in Bloom" studio tour is almost here. I'm quickly finishing two small paintings and then it will be back to commissions for a while. Above are sketches for some recent small paintings. All are images that were created by observation while taking my daily walk down my street. You'd like to see the finished paintings you say? Sure, just stop by on May 22nd or 23rd and those three paintings as well as a few new others will be on display in my studio, a.k.a. Soulful Studios. You can click the link above for more info. The following weekend my work will be on display in Oxford, Maryland. May is certainly full of life and adventure.

2 comments:

Artist said...

great job in detailing the grass and greenary. I love ignored, the house in it looks great!

KleoPatra said...

<3 the sheep!!

And i totally get turning everything off in order to listen to the birds' conversations...

So glad to hear about the wonderful spring around and about where you are!!