Monday, January 16, 2006

The Beat Goes On

Horses and Landscape Lori Levin
No, you are not having deja vu, I am still working on this painting. I enjoy working on it but other paintings and duties come first. It is coming along and I think it will be a rather pleasant piece. None of what you see is in finished mode, however, as I said before, I am working this one differently. Usually I work the entire piece at once, not background to foreground. The foreground grasses will have to cover these horses a bit so that is why I chose to work this way.

Music is a huge part of my day. It is what drives me to work harder, faster and with more emotion. What I listen to depends on what I'm working on that day. I think I have rather eclectic tastes but I'm sure my music knowledge is limited compared to most. All I know is that performing artists are very important to my visual art. I think this is true for many of us. For this landscape about relationships (not just horses) I was listening to mostly Rachmaninoff. Don't want you to think I'm too top shelf...tomorrow I will probably listen to Nickelback! Lord!

So what's on your playlist? Give me some ideas on something new to listen to!

Oh...Happy B-Day MLK and Dad.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Hi Lori, this is looking so gorgeous, the light quality is superb and the horses are so beautifully rendered! Would love to see this when finished. Speaking of music, I love listening to a band called the "Transiberian Orchestra" (just discovered them this past Christmas) and I've become addicted to them. :)