Monday, January 02, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays Not Getting Me Down


Such a grey Monday and the rain just keeps on coming but inside my studio the sun is shining. Don't hate me because I'm happy because there are days that I am not. However, today is bright despite the lack of sun. Why? First, my eBay auction that ends tomorrow has a bid. This is a repeat buyer...that's a great thing. Second, my horse's eye (the horse in my profile picture) looks really good since his last little infection. Third, I can still walk after today's tough workout.

Today's image is a drawing I did that I am currently selling on eBay. It inspired a later painting that sold on eBay on my birthday. I love this image because of how much I knew this man loved his horse. He is not someone I know well but I knew him enough to know about the bond between him and his equine. That is why I love doing pet portraits. The relationship people have with their four-legged companions always touches me. People glow when they talk about their animals. That is what I like to capture in my animal portrait.

When I'm done my post I will work on a painting of 3 horses I started a few weeks ago. Never had the chance to finish it. Perhaps by this time tomorrow it will be done. That probably will be tomorrow's image. Stay tuned and find out!

No comments: