Friday, January 20, 2006

Sunset Dock for Ebay

Oil Paintings by Lori Levin
FRIDAY!!!!! Need I say more? Actually, I think most of the weekend will be work for me but in a more relaxed fashion. However, tonight is my annual gathering of "The Fabulous Five". We are 5 gals that graduated Moore College of Art, back when computers still depended on floppy drives, that became rather close through the years. Back then I said I would NEVER use the computer for my art. I learned to never say never.

The Friday tradition here at Soulful Studios is to post my eBay auction for Sunday. Remember, if you would like to know my Buy It Now price for this, just email me before it goes to auction on Sunday night.

"Sunset Dock" is a "5"x"7" oil painting on stretched archival canvas (gallery wrap). There was a stoic quality to this bird that made me need to paint him (or her I don't know). I focused on bold shapes and extreme contrast. Sunsets by the water always give me a lonely feeling. Not in a bad way but the sense I am the only one around. Senses are heightened. I become very contemplative. I feel this painting reflects this.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: