Friday, February 24, 2006

Ebay Friday - Friends to the Rescue


Friday. Yay. I think I'm getting better. I'm like "the little train that could", I think I can...I think I can.

This Sunday's auction will be a little different. I have been selling note cards to benefit the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation. I will be auctioning a set of those with a low starting bid and no shipping charge. My desire here is not to make money (obviously) but to draw attention to the foundation and their needs. So please take the time to check out their site and what they do. If you do not bid on eBay you can purchase them directly from me. Just send me an email. Below is the info on the cards.

The original oil painting of "Friends to the Rescue", by Lori Levin, is now being professionally printed and boxed as beautiful 4" x 5.6" high quality note cards with envelopes. Soulful Studios will be donating $2.00 to the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation for every boxed set of 10 note cards sold. This image was inspired by the brave humans and canines of the NDSDF. It takes $10,000 to raise and train just one search dog that saves so many lives in disasters such as 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina.

Today's "thank you" goes to the lovely nurse at the emergency clinic I visited on Wednesday night. Despite my sad looking state she took the time to sweetly tell me that I have really lovely blue eyes. Now, I promise you they were probably a shocking blue because they were paired with some really red rims but I know complementing my eyes was not part of her job description. I mention this because you never know who's heart you might lift up with a few kind words. That was Wednesday and it still makes me feel good today. Didn't cost her a dime but it meant the world to me.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: