Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Freakin' February

Flaxen Mare by Lori Levin
I've had it. I've been sick almost the entire month of February. This is now just out of hand and ridiculous. Now, beyond still not feeling well, I am so behind on work. I have much to do and much to tell you all but no energy to actually do it. Didn't want to leave you without an update this week so here is a painting I squeezed out over the weekend before I feel back into the depths of hell!

This is "Cinderella". I was listening to my new Jon Michaels CD and the last song is called "Cinderella". It is so beautiful and more than worth a download. Anyway, I originally called this little mare "Marilyn" for the great Marilyn Monroe but because of the music I listened to, I changed it. It is 5" high by 7" wide. This is an oil painting on stretched canvas. I will show this at the Horse Expo but am considering holding on to my current horse pieces because there is buzz from a Canadian gallery that they would like to represent my horse art. At the same time I have a collector that has requested a list of my horse stuff as well. I need to paint more and much faster. I need to be healthy again. I need to go to bed. I need to be put out of my misery.

I know I should put my usual "thank you" out there but I just don't have it in me. Frankly, there is always someone to thank but today I don't feel very grateful at all. Forgive me just this once.

No comments: