Friday, February 17, 2006

Ebay Friday - Red Poppies


TGIF! Well, sort of. I'm still down for the count so no excitement this weekend for Lori. Now I'm in a panic because I'm behind on my preparations for the Horse and Pet Expo. I know everything will work out in the end but if I were to take a few days off this is not how I would prefer to spend those days.

This painting was inspired by the poem "In Flanders Fields" by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae. The original photo reference and reminder of the poem was provided by one of the lovely artists at www.wetcanvas.com . I chose it for this week's eBay auction because following Valentine's day I wanted something red but then I thought of the many soldiers that would not be kissing their valentines' lips. Sorry if this blog entry went to the sad side of things. However, as an artist, I feel the need to bring to the surface the full range of emotions. One feeling can not be felt without knowing the other. Or, maybe I've had way too many antihistamines today.

"Red Poppies" is an oil painting on stretched archival canvas, 7" high by 5" wide. I'm starting this auction at a very low price to encourage bidding and to hopefully bring in new collectors of my art. This piece may sell at a loss but this is an experiment so I'm prepared for that. If you are interested in my "Buy It Now Price" please contact me before Sunday night.

Can't forget the "thank you" section. I want to say "hey" to all my friends over at "The Mill". You folks know who you are. I am always thrilled to receive emails from you guys and gals. When I left Mannington, I feared I would be left feeling lonely without the day to day banter that you have at a regular workplace. My fears have gone unfounded because my true friends there have not forgotten me and they always keep me laughing and feeling like I'm not alone. That means more to me than they will ever know. I would shout out names but I know this crew...they would prefer to remain anonymous.

No comments: