Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Feline Fun


Finally I can post the final painting of this kitty. Thank you Leah at www.wetcanvas.com for the great photo reference. It was a joy to paint and to create this feeling of drama and intensity. This was one of those paintings where I just couldn't paint fast enough to catch up with my brain. (Scary thought to those who really know me.) This kitty reminded me a few felines I have known that shared that same look of "greatness". Cats are just neat animals. Some of them are as difficult to get to know as people!

"Feline Attitude" is a 5"x7" oil on stretched canvas. What is interesting to note and not quite visible in the photo is that I textured the canvas before painting to add an interesting dimension. This painting will take a few weeks to dry because of the very thick paint used in the white areas.

Today's appreciation goes out to Joyce Carmeli (you can see her dog in a previous post called "Patches Is In the House"). Joyce is working on the new and improved Soulful Studios site. She spent her entire day with me today hashing out the details. I don't know about her but I'm exhausted! I'm sure her ears are tired from listening to me chatter for hours. (I get lonely sometimes here in the studio; it was nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of.) Thank you Joyce for all your hard work and the tasks to come! Wait until you all see what we've come up with!

No comments: