Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Purrrrrfect - Drawing of Cat

Cat Drawing by Lori Levin
Thought I would tease you a bit. Here's a sketch for a little cat painting. Frankly, I like the sketch as is because it reminds me a little of some of the ink work I had seen in Asia. However, I coated the sketch with a textured medium to give the final painting a more interesting quality. Therefore, I had to finish it up. Well, I just finished the painting few minutes ago but did not have time to photograph before I lost daylight. Sorry, all you get is the beginning. You will have to check back tomorrow to see the rest. I should post late in the evening tomorrow. Hey, it's "blog sweeps week", need to keep you interested!

I want to take a moment to thank a really great portrait artist, Jocelyn. She was kind enough to mention me on her blog and I really would like to return the favor. Her work has such a gentleness about it, I think you will enjoy it. http://artbyjocelyn.livejournal.com/

Also, I like to send a "shout out" to my friend Jeff at the Pennsville post office. He went out of his way to make sure that I had the boxes I needed so I could ship my eBay paintings. Awesome!

There really are some great folks out there. I think I will start a new Soulful Studios tradition of thanking someone new each day for their kindness. I have so many people supporting me that I don't think I will ever run out of names! I'm sure you will see yours.

No comments: