Friday, March 03, 2006

Ebay Friday - Island Time

Island Painting by Lori Levin
I actually was able to get out and run for the first time today in I don't know how long. It was cold and windy but I didn't care. I had wings on my feet to carry me so nothing was holding me back. However, I wouldn't mind a little spring and summer coming my way!

So with that thought, Sunday's eBay auction is called "Island Time". Named after yet another Jon Michaels song of the same name. Check out the song, it goes with the painting! I painted this in an experimental style. In real life it has a stucco under-painting that makes it very 3-dimensional. It is a somewhat abstract look at an aerial view of a tropical island. Oh Lord take me there! It is a 5" high by 7" wide mixed media piece on stretched canvas. Experimenting keeps me fresh. Nobody likes a stale artist! Don't forget to let me know if you would like to purchase this before it goes to auction on Sunday night. Also, don't forget to check out the current auction for charity.

Thank you Nancy Koenig at Mannington Mills for always being such a great friend and supporter of my art. Nancy was one of the folks in my life that made it clear to me that painting full-time was a leap of faith I couldn't ignore. Thanks for everything.

No comments: