Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Excellent Expo!


For once I am at a loss for words on this blog. My experience at the Expo was so very positive. This was a unique experience for me to receive live feedback on my work. Most of my art dealings are done via mail, the internet or through a third party. So this was new and exciting for me to actually talk to people who were interested in my paintings.

I was really moved by the people who shared very personal stories about their pets and loved ones. They came to me believing that I could honor what it was they felt in their hearts not only what was there on photographs. They understood why I named my business "Soulful Studios". I felt completely understood. The show was not only financially profitable but emotionally as well.

Special thanks to a woman named Sandra who is a wonderful patron of the arts. She bought not one but two of my works and not just because they matched her decor. She inspired me with her story and reminded me how important my audience is to filling my motivation well.

Stay tuned for more about the Expo. So many interesting things went on there!

No comments: