Monday, April 10, 2006

Beauty Found Where You Least Expect It


Occasionally I email photos I've taken to my friends and customers to be used as desktop wallpaper. This photo is for just such a purpose. (Feel free to email me if you would like a picture for your desktop) It is taken at a historical site less than 2 miles from me. Many times I have driven past it and thought nothing of it. Frankly for the most part it is quite unattractive. However, I find that anything can be seen as beautiful in the right light and circumstance. This is an idea that I often play with and can be seen as a theme in my work. You will see more of this idea in future works so stay tuned.

Currently I am working on two commissions that are taking up much of my time. I cannot share them with you yet because they are surprise gifts. This has made it difficult for me to do much updating on this blog. Please hang in there though because some new and exciting things will be happening shortly. Please note that I will return to eBay auctions this weekend. Back to business as usual.

A special thank you goes out to my friend Nancy at Veltri Designs. Her design ability is truly inspiring. I just love her work with children's themes. She has been so supportive of not only my work but my personal life as well. I really value our friendship and her honesty. Thanks Nance!

No comments: