Friday, May 12, 2006

Picture Perfect

Totally enjoying my second day here in England. Today I have gone for a 2 hour stroll around the area that I am staying and took approximately 60 photos for future paintings. They are lovely images of rolling hills, horses and old farms with a few cows thrown in for good measure. Oh and I cannot forget my 3 furry housemates, Spike, Charlie and Hobbes(sp?). I planned on showing them to you today with a few witty captions but...there is always a but. Despite my best efforts to install the software on this computer (sorry Kenton) and download the images, I could not get anything to work. So you will just have to trust me that the scenery is inspiring, the lighting and color unique to this area and the comments intended were brilliant.

My walk today helped me sort out some ideas and processes for the new series of works I have in mind. Last night my visit to a local gallery lit a fire in me to get started. Things are starting to come together. I used to work with limited vision of what the result would be and recently things have become much more clear. This new ability to see a body of work as a whole before I start it is so exciting to me. I believe this will lend itself to a maturity and cohesiveness that my work has not shown before.

My dear Kenton and I will be going to London this evening for the better part of the weekend. We will use his camera to take some good tourist type photos to share with you. So please come back Monday for another update on my trip. Oh...who's Kenton you ask? You'll just have to stay tuned for more info!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: