Monday, October 29, 2007

Dog Portrait - Leo

dog portrait by Levin "Leo"
8"x10"
graphite on paper

"Leo" is a graphite dog portrait that I just completed this weekend. It was so good to have the pencils in my hand again and working in the warmth of my studio. This piece was easy to do because the dog is so handsome and the photos provided were excellent.

Thank God (indeed) that I am getting back to feeling like my old self.
Actually, let's say I believe soon I will be feeling even better than my old self. Things are looking good and the timing couldn't be better because Soulful Studios is getting very busy. Pull out your calendar as there are some dates you might want to mark down.

This Friday, November 2nd, from 6-9 is the Grand Opening Reception for First Impressions Art Gallery and Working Studio in Salem, NJ. The address is 157 West Broadway, Salem, NJ. I will be there to meet and greet so I hope you can stop in. Mary Wolfe, the owner, is working very hard to bring the arts into Salem County, which is a project near and dear to my heart. She represents my work well and has sold quite a few pieces for me already. If you have any questions you can contact me or give her a call at 856-935-7070. I have to laugh because she used one of my images on her flyer and sold it within a few days after advertising. That's what I call a quick turn around.

December 1st, 2007 is the Annual Wine Auction for Canine Partners for Life. It is a black tie affair and the cost per ticket is $125. They will have some amazing lots for auction so check it out. My painting "Ripening Fruits" will be auctioned that night and I will be there as well to congratulate the winner. I believe the painting will go for quite a high dollar however, if you can't afford to bid on the original, I am offering 16x20 signed prints for sale at $85.00 plus shipping and handling.

Currently I am working on two commissions plus developing some ideas for more works for the gallery and an eBay store for my prints and note cards. Also, Mary Wolfe at First Impressions has asked me to hold drawing classes in the studio portion of the gallery. I am working on a project description so that I can offer pet portrait drawing classes. Let me know if you would like to join the class. Thank you everyone for your caring emails and concern. Please keep visiting as there will be more updates shortly.