Wednesday, November 07, 2007

First Impressions Reception

First Impressions
First Impressions

It was a success without a doubt. Mary Wolfe, the owner of "First Impressions Art Gallery and Working Studio", really did a great job of creating an evening about art and community. The little old town of Salem never seemed so alive on a Friday night as it did on November 2nd. There was live music, food, wine and poetry reading. There was quite a crowd enjoying themselves and buying art as well. Some very special people showed up to support me and my art and I thank them. Also, quite a few pieces found a new home. Yes, those are red stickers that you see beside my art and those are a very good thing.

Now I am gearing up now for 2 new commissions I am starting. I'll post pictures of the dog portrait soon. Also, if you live in Salem County keep your eyes open as you might catch a glimpse of me sketching in town. I am going to start working on some pieces about Salem. I have great hopes for its revitalization as there are so many great folks putting hard work into bringing back its glory.

Just a quick note about November 2nd, the day of the gallery reception. This was the 1 year anniversary of my first chemotherapy treatment. It amazed me that in 365 days I not only beat cancer but I have a strong vision of great new things happening in my life. Sure there will be battles ahead but if I can do all that in 365 days, I can do anything.

1 comment:

lizzy said...

thank goodness for chemo monsters!

but i'm way more thankful for having met you - it would have been better under different circumstances but we make do.

here's to a whole lot more 365-day amazing acheivements.