Monday, March 24, 2008

Sunsets

horses by Lori Levin
equine art by Lori Levin Above:
"Sunset Stroll"
12x24
Oil on Board

Below:
"Sunset Supper
12x24
Oil on Board

I've been painting horses quite a bit lately. These two pieces will be shown for the first time at the next First Impressions exhibition in April. I have other paintings of horses I'm working on in the studio now.

For a long time it was difficult to use horses in my art as they were no longer a part of my daily life. I decided to find my peace with the subject in these paintings. The time of day and the relationships suggested in the pieces are my way of depicting my feelings. Many people use animals to express freedom or escape. For me, animals are a symbol of my human relationships worked out in my art.

Perhaps you've been included in one of my paintings and don't even know it.

1 comment:

Scott Fertig said...

That top one really grabs me.