Monday, June 09, 2008

Soulful Studios Event Updates

Service Dog and Lori Levin
Lori Levin and Einstein

Isn't that such a face, you just want to squeeze it and kiss it? Of course I mean the dog silly! The photo was taken at the Canine Partners for Life brunch held a Buckley's Tavern two Sundays ago. This sweet pup went around the restaurant collecting donations for the organization. There’s nothing like sending in the secret weapon to do the dirty work. I had a great time as did everyone else. I even got to judge the pajama contest. Yes, canine and humans alike showed up to brunch in their sleepwear. Yes, I chickened out and came in shorts and a t-shirt. I didn't want anyone to see me in my yellow Eeyore pajamas. That would have been scary.

If you are sad that you missed that event don't despair. This Wednesday night you can join me and the folks from CPL at their "Yappy Hour" in Wilmington at the Iron Hill Brewery. Click here for more details. Also, don't forget Cow Bingo on Sept 13th. I will be there offering special deals on pet portraits and unveiling some of my new prints and note cards that will soon be available. If you can't wait that long to see me make sure you come to First Impressions Gallery in Salem this Friday at 6pm. I'll be there with many other well known local artists showing their new work. I know Alex Alampi will be there and probably Denise Erickson. That is a great opportunity to ask questions about art and learn about collecting art.

I want to finish this post by thanking Joe Pulcinella, my super talented photographer friend. Last year I gave him a tiny little colored pencil drawing. Just recently he had it framed with such love and care that it looks like a museum piece. Please check out his website and see the amazing work he does. He finds the "life" inside of everyone and captures it forever. Thank you Joe for honoring my work.

ACEO by Lori Levin

2 comments:

PhotoJoe said...

Thanks for the mention! Now I'd like to take this time to mention that the photo of you in your post is totally hot! :o)

Lori said...

C'mon Joe, you know it is the puppy that makes it! LOL! Thanks for the luv.